A question about steering column locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
tc1959 said:
Anyone ever had a car stolen with one of these on the column. If so how did they defeat it ?
Steadfast security collar :?: :?:

I don't know much about those. That surely wouldn't stop a dent puller from ripping your lock cylinder out. I also think that style has too many pry points for someone to mangle your column. An inexperienced thief might not defeat it but they'd surely tear the hell out of it trying.

I prefer the full collars like these.
BoB5VBWkKGrHqUH-EUEtt50vHjjBLl7By-g_12.jpg

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
G-Body_Vet said:
tc1959 said:
Anyone ever had a car stolen with one of these on the column. If so how did they defeat it ?
Steadfast security collar :?: :?:

I don't know much about those. That surely wouldn't stop a dent puller from ripping your lock cylinder out. I also think that style has too many pry points for someone to mangle your column. An inexperienced thief might not defeat it but they'd surely tear the hell out of it trying.

I prefer the full collars like these.
BoB5VBWkKGrHqUH-EUEtt50vHjjBLl7By-g_12.jpg

There is a 3/16 tool steel clutch plate behind the rolled portion of the housing. The lock cylinder chrome piece is a dummy the only thing a slide hammer will do is pull that off. the lock cylinder is bigger than the opening It won't come through the hole.If they tear up the column that's a lot easier fix than replacing the car.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
tc1959 said:
There is a 3/16 tool steel clutch plate behind the rolled portion of the housing. The lock cylinder chrome piece is a dummy the only thing a slide hammer will do is pull that off. the lock cylinder is bigger than the opening It won't come through the hole.If they tear up the column that's a lot easier fix than replacing the car.

Definitely true. How does that secure to the column? Is that the kind that has the screws with the heads that shear off after installation?

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
G-Body_Vet said:
tc1959 said:

Definitely true. How does that secure to the column? Is that the kind that has the screws with the heads that shear off after installation?
chromoly steel roll pins That only go in one way into a blind hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor