A question about whe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
grandbonnevillecreature said:
Why can't they all use the same wheels, same tires, same damn wiper blades? AAAAARrrrggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well if they all used the same parts and majority rules, guess we'd all have Honda Accords....I'd rather walk

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
grandbonnevillecreature said:
You should read my posts about my engine trouble. If the books are right, I MAY know what I'm talking about. But the books are just guidelines, not almighty, and I'm wrong when they're wrong. I'm trying to diagnose and fix a problem with my car running like moistened crap. I try to at least find a jumping off point with the repair manuals, but you can't go by them like they're always right nomatter what. I just wish cars were a little bit more simple, you know? Why can't they all use the same wheels, same tires, same damn wiper blades? AAAAARrrrggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick up a car that is no newer than 1979 and it's bone simple. Sure, you can get "extras" for the modern cars that just don't work on the old cars, but when something goes wrong I can fix up the old car and have it back on the road before anyone is done pulling ECM codes and diagnosing a modern car. :)

grandbonnevillecreature

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2006
Louisville, Kentucky
GOT RIMS!!!

GOOD NEWS!!! I picked up a set of Olds Cutlass Rims this afternoon, very cheap with a good set of 195/70 r14 tires. The rims are black OEM "rally" wheels, with the deep rally trim rings, chrome trim inserts, and chrome center caps. Unfortunatly I don't know the exact name for the style, but I'll look for a photo on the site to compare them too. Thanks for all the advice! I'm waiting for the engine to cool down so I can go take off the old EGR and PCV and pop on the new ones. Maybe it won't run like turd - keep your fingers crossed! When a g-body runs bad, we all look bad....

Wes

grandbonnevillecreature

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2006
Louisville, Kentucky
Okay, so I found the picture. I was hoping to move a copy of it here and paste it but wasn't able. Anyways, in the Photo Album there is a section titles 1980 Oldsmobile. There are pics from an original Olds brochure. The burgundy Cutlass on p. 4 has my rims, as does the blue Cutlass Salon in the 1985 Olds section of the Photo Album, which I think is labeled as p. 27. The rims on my car are black with chrome, and my car is white with chrome and black (rubber) trim, so they look really at home on my car. As soon as I get my rear end sag fixed and get chrome lugs for the rims, I will get my car posted on CarDomain and post a link here somewhere. Peace!

Wes

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
ss11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor