A Question For Guys That Have Installed New Window Sweeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but are you supposed to trim the sweeps by the vent window on the rear door or is there some other way of doing it ? Right now the remaining "flap" of rubber is just going over the rubber on the vent window. Im starting to think this is incorrect.
I just saw a 4 door Cutlass yesterday and the sweep looked like it was cut right where the vent started. It was hard to tell but it almost looked like the rest of the flap was pushed down between the vent window rubber and the door.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
If I'm not mistake, I think I had to trim the rear sweeps. I'm going to go out to the garage and have a look at it. Perhaps it will jar my memory.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
I think it overlapped the vent window frame and thereby had to be trimmed.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
So I can make a slice at the vent window but what should I do with the remaining flap that covers ? Cut them or tuck them between the vent window and the door ?

Attachments

• IMG_0508.JPG
    IMG_0508.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 189

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
I cut mine right to vent window frame. The extra flap was removed as well. When you cut it, make it fit tightly against the vent frame..in other words allow for shrinkage....unlike George Costanza....lol!!

Last edited:

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, did you cut the excess to the bead ? Or did you leave a little to seal the gap ?
I thought about that, too. I don't think I cut it flush with the bead.
I might have left a little to fill, or seal the gap. Which is a good idea.
Otherwise, you can see where the extra flap would interfere with the vent window function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor