A value in original HVAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve 82 Elly

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2020
Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum.
I have an all original 82 el camino V6. I'm wanting to ls swap this car and am wondering if there is any market for all the stuff I'm gonna pull out specifically the HVAC and drive train. It will make a big difference on how I remove these items.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There might be a market for the ac case for someone that removed it or bought it that way and wanted to go back to factory ac.
The drivetrain probably not much since the first thing many do is pull out the V6 for something with power.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'd say it depends on your area of the country, how many gbodies are around, and what people are doing with them.

If the engine/trans run, take a video, spend an extra hour or two to pull/store it right/safe, and throw a cheap price on it. If you ask $800, people will think you're nuts and it'll never sell. But it's probably worth $50 as scrap. Put it out there for $200, and you just made $150 extra for 2 hrs of time. Not many jobs are paying $75/hr.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Believe it or not, virgin undamaged HVAC cases are hard to find. Most have had holes knocked in them by engine swappers, or destroyed upon removal.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
What are your plans overall for the car? I'd take the HVAC system out *carefully* and store it for future use. Unless you are just making a track car and will never put it back on the road. Heat is nice if you're in the great white north and A/C in the summer almost anywhere...

Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Believe it or not, virgin undamaged HVAC cases are hard to find. Most have had holes knocked in them by engine swappers, or destroyed upon removal.
When I was looking for my project Regal one of the prerequisites was an intact ac case with wiring etc still in place because around here the norm is to put a flat plate there and destroy the ac case when removing it. :blam:

Reactions: 2 users

Steve 82 Elly

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2020
So, I guess if anyone is looking for any of this stuff just give me a shout.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor