A wiring conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal902

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2021
The computer is located in the passenger side kick panel, it’s about 8 inches tall, 6 inches wide and about an inch and a half thick. It’s metal cased and impossible to miss.
The pictures you posted are for something else entirely, the black box with AC embossed into it isn’t it. I don’t have any idea what it does either 😅

The last picture of the silver box is a factory power lock relay.
Perfect now I don't have to worry about the computer, just the bloody wires hanging around!

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
the St Therese plant built for both Canadian and US market. If it was built for the Canadian market, it would have the 305 without the emissions control. VIN code is H

So you have no computer.

I'm in Ottawa. I was able to find a reasonably pricing set of manuals on Ebay. Yeah, the shipping was more than the manual, but I found the service manual for my 87 for $9USD + $22USD shipping. Plus found the Fischer Body manual as well for another $37 USD. They are out there, but yeah, there's a bunch of over priced ones as well. Service manual is well worth it. It's probably 40% wiring diagrams. Colour coded with connector pinouts, component locations etc. etc.

I'll take a look through your pictures and see if I can find what you're looking for

Cal902

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2021
the St Therese plant built for both Canadian and US market. If it was built for the Canadian market, it would have the 305 without the emissions control. VIN code is H

So you have no computer.

I'm in Ottawa. I was able to find a reasonably pricing set of manuals on Ebay. Yeah, the shipping was more than the manual, but I found the service manual for my 87 for $9USD + $22USD shipping. Plus found the Fischer Body manual as well for another $37 USD. They are out there, but yeah, there's a bunch of over priced ones as well. Service manual is well worth it. It's probably 40% wiring diagrams. Colour coded with connector pinouts, component locations etc. etc.

I'll take a look through your pictures and see if I can find what you're looking for
That would be great, thanks in advance!

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
First pic, from your very first post both look like the connectors for the wiper/washer module. As someone else said, there are two connectors required. There's a two pin one with a yellow and purple wire (hard to tell the colours of 30 years old wires sometimes) and the second connector is a 4 pin one with yellow, grey, dark green and pink.

The second pic, as someone said, does look to be the connector cruise control servo. 5 wire, Black, Tan, LightBlue/Black, DarkBlue/White and Lt green

Last pic from first post, not sure. Hard to tell, but I'd guess AC related. Especially since the loom looks like it goes back across to the HVAC box.

What you found up under the dash, I'm assuming it was above the accelerator pedal, that looks like the cruise control module itself.

Electrically, these are much simpler than the CCC ones. I'm guessing when your car was swapped to a 350, they did away with cruise and AC.

If you're looking for stuff, I have an 84 and 85 parts cars in the yard. Shipping can be prohibitive, but smaller stuff shouldn't be too bad

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Cal902

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2021
First pic, from your very first post both look like the connectors for the wiper/washer module. As someone else said, there are two connectors required. There's a two pin one with a yellow and purple wire (hard to tell the colours of 30 years old wires sometimes) and the second connector is a 4 pin one with yellow, grey, dark green and pink.

The second pic, as someone said, does look to be the connector cruise control servo. 5 wire, Black, Tan, LightBlue/Black, DarkBlue/White and Lt green

Last pic from first post, not sure. Hard to tell, but I'd guess AC related. Especially since the loom looks like it goes back across to the HVAC box.

What you found up under the dash, I'm assuming it was above the accelerator pedal, that looks like the cruise control module itself.

Electrically, these are much simpler than the CCC ones. I'm guessing when your car was swapped to a 350, they did away with cruise and AC.

If you're looking for stuff, I have an 84 and 85 parts cars in the yard. Shipping can be prohibitive, but smaller stuff shouldn't be too bad
That being the cruise control mod makes perfect sense now that you mention it! I'll have to tear into the wire loom and follow those wires across but, like you say very well could be for the A/C. I'm looking for a pair of doors and all the chrome around the rear window! LOL

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Reviewed the posted pictures and number five looked to be on the drivers side as at the bottom of the pic that lump of plastic looks like the top of the accelerator pedal. The EEE or ECU or whatever the alias of the day is, in a G-Body, behind the Passenger's side kick panel and mostly no where else. That location is exactly where I found mine on my 85 SS. Of course it was deader than the last Dodo and had just been left in situ to rot but it was there.

As for packages coming from the West Coast, they all pretty much have to clear both the regional distribution center in Winnipeg and again in Toronto and Montreal before being forwarded on to their final destination. Count your blessings. For us here to receive mail coming from the west it has to stop in Winnipeg and get resorted and reloaded onto another truck in order to continue its journey. From the east, it has to go to the regional centre in Toronto, get loaded onto a 53 footer, driven to Winnipeg!!!, and then transshipped to another 53 footer and brought back to the lake. If the truck with our local mail in it were to turn left instead of right at the highway exit west, about a mile or less later and it would literally drive past the local mail plant?!?!?.

Right now I am waiting on an expedited envelope coming from Quebec and the tracking service is still telling me it is sitting in Montreal. Half the transit time is due to the bourgeoisie taking their incessant café frappe au lait breaks, avec des eclairs, bien sur, and endlessly sniveling about Covid, instead of taking care of business; in this case moving the mail. Had my parts been in the states, they would have already been here, even with a border and customs to contend with. USPS, for all the abuse it gets, is still faster, more efficient, and more highly focused on the big picture, than Poste de Canada could ever think of being. Large props to the local mail carriers though; they endure serious abuse from the weather to make sure we do get our mail asap.

(And no, I am not franglais, up here in the land of the frozen chosen, unlike American high schools that offer Spanish, in ours the second language du jour is French. Only problem is that, as taught, it bears little resemblance to what the local regions and enclaves speak.)

Nick

Cal902

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2021
Reviewed the posted pictures and number five looked to be on the drivers side as at the bottom of the pic that lump of plastic looks like the top of the accelerator pedal. The EEE or ECU or whatever the alias of the day is, in a G-Body, behind the Passenger's side kick panel and mostly no where else. That location is exactly where I found mine on my 85 SS. Of course it was deader than the last Dodo and had just been left in situ to rot but it was there.

As for packages coming from the West Coast, they all pretty much have to clear both the regional distribution center in Winnipeg and again in Toronto and Montreal before being forwarded on to their final destination. Count your blessings. For us here to receive mail coming from the west it has to stop in Winnipeg and get resorted and reloaded onto another truck in order to continue its journey. From the east, it has to go to the regional centre in Toronto, get loaded onto a 53 footer, driven to Winnipeg!!!, and then transshipped to another 53 footer and brought back to the lake. If the truck with our local mail in it were to turn left instead of right at the highway exit west, about a mile or less later and it would literally drive past the local mail plant?!?!?.

Right now I am waiting on an expedited envelope coming from Quebec and the tracking service is still telling me it is sitting in Montreal. Half the transit time is due to the bourgeoisie taking their incessant café frappe au lait breaks, avec des eclairs, bien sur, and endlessly sniveling about Covid, instead of taking care of business; in this case moving the mail. Had my parts been in the states, they would have already been here, even with a border and customs to contend with. USPS, for all the abuse it gets, is still faster, more efficient, and more highly focused on the big picture, than Poste de Canada could ever think of being. Large props to the local mail carriers though; they endure serious abuse from the weather to make sure we do get our mail asap.

(And no, I am not franglais, up here in the land of the frozen chosen, unlike American high schools that offer Spanish, in ours the second language du jour is French. Only problem is that, as taught, it bears little resemblance to what the local regions and enclaves speak.)

Nick
LOL, I can remember those dumbass french classes even though I've been out of school for over 40 years and yes, what they taught was nothing like the real world here in Canada! Last time my package was tracked was in Markham over two weeks ago! Thing is I can hop in my car here and drive to TO in approx. 12 1/2 hrs non-stop if I wanted to!

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yo, Cal902, you oughta maybe make that trip west! Those washers that I ordered last Sunday night just showed up in my today's mail. Mailer baggie had an expedited label plastered to it right up front and center. Since I did put the order in on a weekend, they would have processed it on the following Monday and shipped it either that afternoon or the next day. So, estimating the math here, and deducting Saturday/Sunday because the trucks don't move on weekends, what I get is about five days all in. Bearing that in mind, if you have a tracking number for your mia parcel or package, might be about time to climb on the phone or hit the C-P website and do some serious bitchin* at the bureaucraps running the asylum. Squeaky wheel and all that dontcha know??

Nick

Cal902

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2021
LOL.
Yo, Cal902, you oughta maybe make that trip west! Those washers that I ordered last Sunday night just showed up in my today's mail. Mailer baggie had an expedited label plastered to it right up front and center. Since I did put the order in on a weekend, they would have processed it on the following Monday and shipped it either that afternoon or the next day. So, estimating the math here, and deducting Saturday/Sunday because the trucks don't move on weekends, what I get is about five days all in. Bearing that in mind, if you have a tracking number for your mia parcel or package, might be about time to climb on the phone or hit the C-P website and do some serious bitchin* at the bureaucraps running the asylum. Squeaky wheel and all that dontcha know??

Nick
Funny you should say that, I checked today at around 2:00PM ADT and found that my parcel left Montreal at 12:52AM EDT today! I might just get it by the end of the week, goes to Halifax before it gets sent back here, right on the NS, NB border!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor