Ac box heater delete

johnnunez29

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2022
So I seen a bunch of guys that did ac delete and kept the heater. I’m in south Florida and heater will never be needed . Has anyone just removed the heater block? Do I need to do anything to remove it? Like block off a passage way. I do not like the look of a couple empty pipes just hanging out up there. I had to swap out the ac coil and have access to heater coil.

Attachments

• IMG_8534.jpeg
    IMG_8534.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Just keep it, it gives you extra capacity for cooling.

Last edited:
We did on 87 El Camino. I got the aluminum sheet ... Looked ... Well, not so great. Then I found the block off panels pre made. Looked better. Added gauges and remote start switch.

This way at shows with the hood up, you can start/stop engine and have full set of gauges. Plus it repurposed that empty space.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor