AC Box Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Since this is a different question I thought it might deserve a seperate thread instead of adding it to the one I posted yesterday.
When I took the top section off the AC box the seal tore in multiple places. I have an extra seal already. Since its been a couple of years since I installed it the first time I kinda forgot some stuff.
If I take all the screws out of the firewall will the box move at all or do I have to take everything apart inside too ? I dont remember if the seal had to go on from the back or could it be put on from the front with a little tweaking. Im also thinking since the cars not going to be out in the weather maybe I can cut it at the bottom between two screws and put it in that way just to save a ton of work. Just put some Ultra black at the joint. This plan wont matter unless the box moves out a little after the screws are removed.
I figured this is going to be my weekend project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor