CUTLASS AC compressor plug/main power plug help

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Does it have a vin? There will be either an A or Y or 9 for the engine code of what originally came in the car. I believe 1986 used the ecm in the ac system like the 87-88 models did but not 100% sure. I do know 86 started out with 198 compressors and switched over to the 622 later in the model year but unsure of the control setups.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Does it have a vin? There will be either an A or Y or 9 for the engine code of what originally came in the car. I believe 1986 used the ecm in the ac system like the 87-88 models did but not 100% sure. I do know 86 started out with 198 compressors and switched over to the 622 later in the model year but unsure of the control setups.
Yeah it has a vin, ill have to look at that tonight for whatever reason it never crossed my mind to check the vin for the engine code. One of my many moments! 1986 did use the ECM unfortunately and was one of the things that wasnt on my mind when i got the harness until i went to hooking everything up. I had thought about looking for an earlier harness just to help uncomplicate the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor