AC Condenser needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havasutom

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2020
Lake Havasu City, AZ
I need a new AC condenser for my 81 El Camino SS. The fittings are on the passenger side top. No parts store has one for this application. It would be the same on a Buick G body as mine originally came with a Buick 231” V6. If anyone has one for sale, please contact me.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I need a new AC condenser for my 81 El Camino SS. The fittings are on the passenger side top. No parts store has one for this application. It would be the same on a Buick G body as mine originally came with a Buick 231” V6. If anyone has one for sale, please contact me.
I think this is the one you are looking for....

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Wouldnt it be the same as a Cutlass ? I bought one for my wagon with the fittings on that side because of the crate motor/serpentine setup.

One piece of advice. Dont buy it from rockauto. I had two shipped to my house from them and both were damaged. I finally bought one from autozone or advance so if it came damaged I could take it back to the local store. I actually posted a thread showing the damage.

Last edited:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
For what it's worth, there's a couple sitting in my garage here in coastal Georgia.

They're used, and some fins have the intentions you would expect, but, I'll make them free for local pickup only (no shipping.)

These would've been correct for the 231/307 type cars.

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
Wouldnt it be the same as a Cutlass ? I bought one for my wagon with the fittings on that side because of the crate motor/serpentine setup.

One piece of advice. Dont buy it from rockauto. I had two shipped to my house from them and both were damaged. I finally bought one from autozone or advance so if it came damaged I could take it back to the local store. I actually posted a thread showing the damage.

FYI see my recent reply in https://gbodyforum.com/threads/can-you-clean-out-condenser-tubes.82353/post-852286

Note, I was looking to buy the Spectra one 7-4013, and wanted to buy it from Advance, or AutoZone, etc, and if you try to put the item in cart it comes up unavailable. That's why when I found the one on eBay for $88, I snatched it up immediately.

HTH

Havasutom

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2020
Lake Havasu City, AZ
FYI see my recent reply in https://gbodyforum.com/threads/can-you-clean-out-condenser-tubes.82353/post-852286

Note, I was looking to buy the Spectra one 7-4013, and wanted to buy it from Advance, or AutoZone, etc, and if you try to put the item in cart it comes up unavailable. That's why when I found the one on eBay for $88, I snatched it up immediately.

HTH
Please let me know if you have any problems installing that condenser. I’m fearful of ordering a part that is listed for a Volkswagen. Do the mounting points line up ? The picture shows the fittings in the right place. Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor