AC delete questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Considering an AC delete, I live pretty far north so I could live without it.

For those who have done it, how do you manage without it? car’s not going to be a daily, or even second vehicle. Other than cool/warm air is there any benefits to keeping it?

I have header interference and I’m torn on what to do.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Nice write up Guy. I appreciate your input.

I like what you did with the install, nice simple solution and not super expensive.

Do you find it’s enough heat for early fall out east? What kind of time did that take to finish install?

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Nice write up Guy. I appreciate your input.

I like what you did with the install, nice simple solution and not super expensive.

Do you find it’s enough heat for early fall out east? What kind of time did that take to finish install?

This unit puts out more heat than the factory one did,so yeah its lots of heat.I mostly wanted it for defrost.
If you turn it all the way up it will drive you out of the car,LOL
I don't really remember how long it took as I had a few other projects on the go at the same time,like rebuilding the engine.But It probably took a couple of days and having the engine out made it a lot easier.
Patching the firewall slowed things down a bit too.
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor