Ac delete which belt goes from water pump to crank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottcutler33

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2010
I took my ac off and having major belt squeal, anyone know which belt goes from the water pump to the crank pulley to make up the surface area and eliminate the squealing? I took rope and measured it but would like to see if anyone on here did this and found a belt that works for sure, please help!!! I

Scottcutler33

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2010
Did it yesterday got a belt on there with little to no problem, also replace the power steering belt, took about 3 hours and two trips too autozone, couldn't find a nut oops, engine comparment starting to clear up a bit now looking into headers to get rid of that dumb emission control system

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Can anyone provide under-hood details with regards to an olds a/c delete?

I know that different alternator brackets are required to switch the alternator to the passenger side for an a/c delete; but I was wondering if the water pump and pully would also HAVE to be changed? Can you get away with using the a/c (longer) water pump / pully?

Thanks!

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I removed all of the ac stuff and next I need to swap the alternator to the passenger side.

The one issue that I'm seeing is that the alternator and water pump pullys don't line up correctly. It looks like the alternator pully now wants to be in the power steering grove. I could use some advice here. Will the longer water pump work with this setup? Will the original alternator work on the passenger side or do I need to replace it with a non-ac one?

Thanks.

rtanner68

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2010
BUMP:::
This is my same question, regarding using the cente pully and longer pump. I want to delete the p/s anyway, so would I beable to run this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor