AC delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
A idea I'm toying with is to make a plug/filler to block off the opening where the evaporator sticks out so for down the road I change my mind I can easily convert back to a fuctioning A/C unit again.
Not a bad idea & I've considered the same (keep the OE stuff for the next person in line if they want it).

I was looking @ the aftermarket heat-only case as a less bulky bolt-in alternative to adding an updated HVAC system (Vintage Air/Cold-Air Products/or similar) that doesn't rely on the vacuum actuation/control pods & actually moves some air. I would use the blower mounting spot as the hose bulkhead mount for the under-dash set-up. Smaller than the factory evap case; not just a flat plate that looks out of place on these cars, & not re-inventing the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor