AC/heat box foam seal to firewall question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I bought a new foam seal from OPG that goes between the firewall and the main box. Its a soft foam and worried about it sealing. Should I put something on both sides or just put it on dry? The factory seal I believe is more of a rubber than foam. Just unsure on what to use for sealing unless it don't need nothing but the seal https://www.opgi.com/monte-carlo/L240616/

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've never had my a/c box completely off, only for the top. I've used 3M strip caulk around the perimeter. I think it couldn't hurt to put a bead of strip caulk around the flange in addition to the new seal. That's just me.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The factory used a brush on sealer around the outer perimeter of the heater box that dries up and cracks over the years.
I used an extra bead of 3M Strip-Calk around the box when I had mine apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor