AC only blows at feet and HOT! HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlassonair

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
the ac worked great until the airride. I moved the parts off the pass inner fender and don't know if I have swapped wrong hoses around or what. I had to undo "PURPLE, BLACK, & GRAY" wires & relocate them.

Now the dash controls don't seem to do anything other than select the fan speed. Air only blows at feet and hot air. When I select anything that involves the ac comp I can hear & have checked that the comp is still coming on but blowing hot ac air.

what have I done? please help me!!!!

thank you

I will post pics in air ride section of car

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Sounds like you might not have any vacumme to the controls. The short black line goes from the intake to the round ball mounted right by the heater core, the pink line also plugs into the ball. Grey line goes to the valve inline with the heater hoses.

cutlassonair

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
well the hoses under the hood are in the right location, guess I gotta take dash apart to find "ball" by heater core

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
No need to take anything apart, it should be in the engine bay right by the heater hoses.

cutlassonair

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
I already had glove box out so i dropped interior trim by ac box & noticed temp cable was moving back & forth but seems like everything else is vacum so I wasnt sure how to check.

Here are the 2 hoses 1 pink 1 gray coming from pass side

here are the pink hose & a black hose, is this what you are calling "round ball"? im not seeing anything ball like unless im blind

here is the valve with gray hose connected underneath

are these right?

Attachments

• purp-gray 1.JPG
    purp-gray 1.JPG
    899.9 KB · Views: 611
  • purp-blk.JPG
    purp-blk.JPG
    759.7 KB · Views: 627
  • grey valve.JPG
    grey valve.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 638

cutlassonair

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
I got this and still cant figure this sh*t out

every other car ive owned/built has been pre-1970 and all this wiring & vacum bs sucks im way out of my element here

Attachments

• manual.JPG
    manual.JPG
    510.7 KB · Views: 553

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
That piece you have pictured is right, most are a round tank about the size of a softball. Where is the black line connected too and if you take the black line off the tank with the car running is there vacumme there?

cutlassonair

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
that black line goes to front of carb on drivers side. it does have vacum when pulled off

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Ok, check the tank for cracks, if that's OK you will have to remove your controls and on the back there is a round piece mounted right on the controls. If you are getting vac to that piece its likely that selector is bad. They are commonly get dried out over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor