AC suction hose kink with F-body hose and serpentine

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
You can put some bends in the aluminum lines, just have to be very careful.

I do agree with the previous post, making your own hoses isn't a big deal and the crimp tool doesn't cost too much if you already own a vise. I used a kit from vintage air that came with all the hoses and fittings I needed.

Reactions: 4 users

UnlocatedStig

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2021
Thanks! I will look more into custom hoses instead. I don't have the correct tool to crimp myself but i know a place that does. I'm kinda bummed out since i think this hose looks better than most customs, but whats even cooler is to actually have cold blowing air i guess.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks! I will look more into custom hoses instead. I don't have the correct tool to crimp myself but i know a place that does. I'm kinda bummed out since i think this hose looks better than most customs, but whats even cooler is to actually have cold blowing air i guess.
Did you look at 56016, which is the part number Hutch referenced in the second post in this thread?

Reactions: 1 user

yennchi45

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2014
South Carolina
When I did my serpentine setup a few years ago I used the brackets, evaporator, condenser and water pump for a 1993 firebird. And I purchased new lines for a 1982 cutlass. Have had no problems everything lined up great!
IMG_0388.jpeg
IMG_0395.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

yennchi45

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2014
South Carolina
And that is an alternator for a 2004 Tahoe!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor