Ac system

Trader history for SSmooth84 (0)

S

SSmooth84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2019
Sandiego,California's
I'm wanting to buy a complete ac system for my 1984 monte carlo ss. Mine was removed and I want ac. Looking for all the hoses connector,ac condenser, compressor ext. Motor is the 305.

melloelky

melloelky

Royal Smart Person
Oct 22, 2017
mass
try putting your location in your profile,someone's more likely to respond if they're close to you.

L.A.X-RATED

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
COMPLETE ac system from 84 ss---475.39 shipped.pm me if interested.

1980s

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2019
Rock auto has a kit that inclues the compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube. They had the condenser for my 80 Caballero. I bought the evaporator from Auto Zone but I don't like the way it fits. RA may have one. Hoses may be a problem. I'm having mine remade at a brass and hose shop.

J

jim83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2018
Buy a complete factory unit from a pic & pull type junkyard. Then use the things like a compressor etc as cores & get new or remaned ones.
Have the hoses rebuilt or replaced. Factory is the correct way to go

1980s

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2019
Buy a complete factory unit from a pic & pull type junkyard. Then use the things like a compressor etc as cores & get new or remaned ones.
Have the hoses rebuilt or replaced. Factory is the correct way to go
I agree with the rational but it's impossible to used parts for older vehicles. Parts this old may not be servicable. BTW, the condenser for my 80 Pontiac from Rock Auto is similar in length and height but much thinner. Hopefully it will do the job.

1980s

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2019
Add "find" between "to" and "used." I don't know if Obama or Trump (gotta blame somebody in today's warped world) caused the problem but the yards around my area crushed their older stuff. If you think about it, a 2000 vehicle is almost 20 years old.

S

SSmooth84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2019
Sandiego,California's
So I found a deal on ac compressor kit from a 1985 monte carlo but it's a v6 and mine is a 305 v8.Does anyone know if this will work with my v8 monte?

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor