AC to non-AC v belts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeMineaMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
RI
I'm removing the AC from my 86 Monte LS for the time being. When I remove the compressor, will I also need to replace that belt which goes from the compressor to the water pump, crankshaft, and power steering? Seems like the other two belts (I removed the A.I.R. system) already go from the Alternator to the crankshaft and p/s, and the water pump to the c/s. Seems almost redundant to add a replacement belt when everything else is already connected, but maybe there's a reason for the additional belt? I'm guessing it would be a 42" belt from the w/p, c/s, and p/s? Please correct me if I'm missing something here. Thanks!

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have a mine set up to be woth out A/C but can easily be converted back. Using the engine accesorys/pulleys from an '86 I have the belt going around the crank, water pump, PS pump. I'll have to head out to the garage to get the belt number. An FYI, the two groove w/ A/C PS pulley doesn't seem to be the same diameter as the single groove non-A/C pulley.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor