AC Tube Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My suggestion is flush it with denatured alcohol, install new o-rings and re-use it. No need to replace it if it's in good shape.
I would still prefer to have a new one if they are available at a reasonable price.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I would still prefer to have a new one if they are available at a reasonable price.
Understood. To my knowledge they are not reproduced. It's not a 'wearing' part. It would only normally need replaced if it was damaged in a collision. We might be able to find one NOS. Attached are two pages from my Pontiac parts book. One is 82-84, the other is 85-87. I realize you aren't working on a Pontiac but I'm making an educated guess that since the Pontiac was available with the Olds diesel with the compressor on the passenger side like the 307, that the line is the same for the Buick or Olds with a passenger side mounted compressor. What year is your Regal? I may have time to hunt for a line at lunch today.
20180313_073908.jpg

20180313_074012b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Understood. To my knowledge they are not reproduced. It's not a 'wearing' part. It would only normally need replaced if it was damaged in a collision. We might be able to find one NOS. Attached are two pages from my Pontiac parts book. One is 82-84, the other is 85-87. I realize you aren't working on a Pontiac but I'm making an educated guess that since the Pontiac was available with the Olds diesel with the compressor on the passenger side like the 307, that the line is the same for the Buick or Olds with a passenger side mounted compressor. What year is your Regal? I may have time to hunt for a line at lunch today.
View attachment 84495

View attachment 84512
I did some looking today at lunch. I didn't come up with anything on either GM part number. They have been discontinued. I didn't find them doing a 'NOS' search. From browsing on the Rock Auto site, it looks like the 307 was only available in the Regal in 86-87 so that seems to answer my question on year model. From what I see, it doesn't look like Four Seasons reproduces the line. You could definitely have a new hose made up to replace your liquid line. Take a look at the fittings and ends that Four Seasons and even Vintage Air sells. You can fab up the line with the component pieces that you buy and then find a local shop to crimp the ends for you. That's what we did on my brothers LS swapped Z28. Otherwise, I think you are stuck with cleaning up a good used line. That's what I'm going to do on my build. I hope some of this was helpful.

Best,

Jared

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
As a matter of fact, that was the only part of the A/C system that I didn't replace. As Jared said, it's not a wear part. If it ain't broke...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor