accelerator bracket removal/reinstall 84 Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny99

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
84 Calais. I want to remove the "accelerator bracket" under dash, (cruise control module mounted to it) just temporarily. I am installing some wiring under dash and it's really tight in there. It's attached at 3 points. One stud w a 10mm nut coming into under dash side, and two 10mm bolts heads going from interior into eng. compartment. Question: Is there anything (nuts) that's going to fall off of when I remove 2 bolts going from interior to eng. side?? I would like to think not. Service Manual has one picture (fig. 8c1-22) but interior view only.

update: In case anyone else ever wants to know, the 3 screws came out and went back just fine. When I saw coarse threads on the first bolt...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor