Accelerator Cable Issue.....help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onehit

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
It looks like bushing on the accelerator cable disintegrated. I bought a new cable but it didn't come with the bushing. Anyone have any idea where to source this?
20190921_101833.jpg

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
New cable SHOULD have came with the grommet pre-installed if it was the correct part.

GM p/n is 25504322. Complete, ready to go. No separate parts available.

ATP p/n is Y-214. Pioneer number CA-8497. These should also come with applicable grommets.

What did you get and from where?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Your carb number says it's from an 86 VIN Y. Is this on your H/O or? Doesn't matter as far as the cable as they're the same, but if that was changed, something else may have too?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Never had to replace a bushing on one of these. Can't find any supporting part numbers for it.

Maybe an older version bushing would work? I do not know. ILT sells a repro set that MIGHT work?

But instead of the washer and clip, you should have the correct clip which kinda has a built-in washer. GM p/n 15567924.

Onehit

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
I ordered the Pioneer Cable off of RockAuto and it did not come with the grommet. Yes I know my carburetor is from an 86 it was the carburetor that came on the car. Unfortunately I never got the original when I bought it. A lot of the original parts were gone off my car it looks like it went through a half-assed restore at one time. It was missing the original block but had the correct heads and intake. the original carb and the wheels were gone also.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Conveniently they say they're out of stock on those. Picture shows a grommet. Send it back cuz they sent you an incomplete cable assembly AFAIC. ATP website says it comes with the bushings, et al.

But RA says they're out of stock too. WTF? ATP Y-214 cable:

Y-214_1__ra_p.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you get one with a bushing, see if you can just swap the grommet to your existing cable. Save you some time.

Dang. NAPA says they're OOS too for theirs for ship to home, but to call your local store. BK 6101359. HOLY...they want 29 bucks for theirs. Shows a grommet on the end of theirs too. Probably made by the same manufacturer...in China. Who isn't shipping any new ones most likely. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor