Accessing front speakers on a GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
And taking it to a shop to get it done will probably gut your wallet.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yup got to pull the dash, been there done it. Luckily it was when i replaced the ElCo dash with the GP dash.
Love the new look View attachment 114420
Looks good, man. I like it with the matching GP console. In my case, I used a Monte Carlo console with my GP dash.

Reactions: 1 user

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
Why yes yes you do 😎😎
I bought the cluster with tach and speedo already in it.
But from the looks of it it took a bit of work.
I should have took a pic.
I may pull it out and get a pic before i sell it in the next week or so. Speedo has a squeek, needs lube.
Its a fun ride. 350 create, with RPM manifold, th350 3:73 LSD 1800 stall. Want to keep it but way too many G-body projects, got to thin the herd lol

trevorjm

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2011
Would it be possible to leave them in the dash, not hook them up and get door speaker pods / kick panel pods and wire those instead?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Once you know the logistics of where the nuts and bolts... and cables are located, it's not too terrible a job. It is a little awkward handling it. Also, dropping the column would be beneficial as far as clearance is concerned. I do agree in regard to accessing the speedo cable. ^^

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
When I upgraded the tunes in my GP I realized that those dash speakers where hard to replace so I didn't use them. I changed the speaker in the middle which is a 4x6 I believe, and easy to get to, and I got an adapter plate that incorporates spaces for 2 3x3 in that 4x6 space for front imaging which reflects off the windshield. I also cut a hole in the door panel for some Polk Audio 5x5 woofers and tweeters with crossovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor