Adding boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
You could only run 5lbs of boost safely the way things are now. The compression is too high for one ,And the rear end needs to upgraded to an 8.5 rear end .because the 7.5 will break. I have a 1979 Z-28 with a supercharged 377 cubic inch small block chevy .That is built from the ground up for high boost applications Along with the whole car is upgraded as well.Brakes suspension ,etc. And can you handle what ever you are going to do with it .My friends and I have built muscle cars ,that are built to be driven safely ,But it would scare those use to econoboxes ,And it scares them so much that they sell the car.
image1-jpg.189588

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 76

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Low boost will work on anything. Pump gas is a limiting factor with a normal MPI system. E85 will solve those issues though.

If you’re planning on a blow through, then the compression will work with pump gas, but you need to be in complete control of the carb. No mistakes (lean spots) will be tolerated by your short block.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor