Adding Power Steering

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
Hey guys so I’m getting my LS swap gone through and switching from a carb setup and th400 spool drag setup to more daily cruiser. I’m waiting on some parts before we get started. I’m doing a psi harness with a 4l60e and haven’t decided in rear gear set yet. My question is the doesn’t have power steering right now and I want to add it, what would be the easiest cost effective way to do this?

Attachments

• 3558F430-F889-4AC1-943C-C45AA4728CF6.jpeg
    3558F430-F889-4AC1-943C-C45AA4728CF6.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 85

Rocket442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2022
What LS are you using? I did this on my Chevelle LQ9 swap. The PS pump sits towards the bottom I believe and I swapped out the pulley wheel to a smaller one to make sure it didn't hit the frame.

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
What LS are you using? I did this on my Chevelle LQ9 swap. The PS pump sits towards the bottom I believe and I swapped out the pulley wheel to a smaller one to make sure it didn't hit the frame.
It’s a lq9 block as well, can you attach some pics?

Thanks

Rocket442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2022
It’s a lq9 block as well, can you attach some pics?

Thanks
Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. My setup will be different then you as far as bolting up. I have a procharger, so my pump bolts to a machined bracket. Its not the easiest to see as theres a lot in the way of the pup

Attachments

• PS Pump 2.jpg
    PS Pump 2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 87
  • PS pump.jpg
    PS pump.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor