Adjusting Vacuum Advance Canister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
I'm preparing to adjust my vacuum Advance Canister on my HEI distributor.

I know I'll need a vacuum pump and a vacuum gauge to do this correctly. I have a vacuum pump bought and I have an interior vacuum gauge installed on my dash.

The problem is I don't know how to connect these two things to my vacuum setup I have to do this correctly.

I have an intake manifold tee fitting on the rear passenger side of my intake for my brake booster and transmission vacuum modulator.

I have 4 different vacuum ports on my Holley Brawler (Street Warrior) carburetor. The big one in the back is full vacuum and is connected to my PCV valve. On the passenger side front metering block there is a timed/ported vacuum port and on the base plate there is two 1/4 ports...I know one is full manifold vacuum which will be used for my distributor vacuum advance but I'm not sure about the other port and apparently I can't get a clear and straight forward answer about it do decide if that is where I should plug in the vacuum pump or not...Also need to figure out which vacuum line I should tee into for the interior vacuum gauge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor