Advanced Auto Parts reman engine survived the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Took my GN to the track for the first time ever. I have a ATK reman motor bought from Advanced Auto Parts i was pleased with the result. I never expected it to stay in one piece. Anyway while not supper inpressive first pass out having never raced any turbo car I got a 12.58@106 leaving on no boost with a 1.8 60ft. Trans has a severe 2-3 slip while under boost. Decided to make a second pass trans slipped even more but i still managed a 1.8 60ft and went 12.65@106. Car had no knock @ 22psi. I wish the breaks would have held car so i could build boost and trans was not slipping would have maybe been low 12's.

Still happy though didnt think motor built from whatever junk would survive 1 pass.

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
wow thats runs pretty good for a reman engine ... dont know where they come from but I dont think there complete junk. :)

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
RockSS said:
wow thats runs pretty good for a reman engine ... dont know where they come from but I dont think there complete junk. :)
I believe they are based out of Mexico but im not sure. I cant argue it runs pretty good so far. :mrgreen:

Oldstech

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2009
Griffin, Ga
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor