AFR 190's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a set of the older (non-Eliminator) AFR 190's on my fuel injected 383. I like em. Great power.

I'm not one who can afford dyno time but I have seen many comparative flow charts from several companies. Generally, some companies can match AFR's intake flow rates. But, compare their exhaust flow rates. Most are way down compared to AFR. Even if you can get a ton of air in, if you can't get it back out, all that intake air is useless. That's where (and why) AFR's shine.

AFR 190's were basically the same head as the 195's but the 190's has a slightly smaller intake port opening for the smaller intakes. All flow charts I've seen list the 190's and 195's at the same flow numbers.

Also, on AFR's site, they have a BUNCH of atricles of their heads being used and most had flow charts, dyno numbers, and build components.

now now children. If you don't have anything nice to say..... :blam:

86 cuttlas, afr's dont shine for one particular reason. Their claim to fame is that they excell with all aspects, not just intake:exhaust. Combustion chamber and runner design, flow characteristics, thick deck, light weight, well designed water ports, etc.

There are a lot of guys over at http://www.thirdgen.org/ that run AFR heads, you could possibly check out some of there numbers also 😀

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJHJBUE63VVHdSPBOybGG4tv!~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqJHJBUE63VVHdSPBOybGG4tv!~~60_57.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 130
  • pizap.com10.66122098686173561391833025718.jpg
    pizap.com10.66122098686173561391833025718.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor