Aftermarket 2bbl, bearings, and other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hello all! I come to you from Des Moines at 12:45am on a school night with a few questions. One, where would be a good place to get an old CHEAP RELIABLE two barrel carb (rochester?:D) for my SBB? Two, if the connecting rod and main bearings look spectacular (they do, no scouring, burnt spots, NOTHING), do they need to be replaced? And third, will my lil 200metric hold up for a while behind my 150hp 350? It's worked fine as long as I've had the car.

Thanks.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hello all! I come to you from Des Moines at 12:45am on a school night with a few questions. One, where would be a good place to get an old CHEAP RELIABLE two barrel carb (rochester?:D) for my SBB? Two, if the connecting rod and main bearings look spectacular (they do, no scouring, burnt spots, NOTHING), do they need to be replaced? And third, will my lil 200metric hold up for a while behind my 150hp 350? It's worked fine as long as I've had the car.

Thanks.
OH, and could I use my 231 v6 dual jet on the 350? I am in a tight spot carb wise. It's only be for about a month.

bishop gp

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2015
Evansville,IN
Fitment wise yeah but fuel wise itll be a bit starved you might be able to adjust the fuel ratio but i think the jets for the v6 carb are gonna leave it fuel starved

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
I would search salvage yards or online sources for a dualjet 2 bbl from a Buick 350. If you get an older Rochester 2bbl your stock aircleaner won't fit.

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
Or see if you can find a 4bbl intake and carb in a salvage yard. Sometimes they won't sell an intake from a complete engine. You could offer yours as a core.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Whats wrong with your current carb?
Forgot to say, there is none. :p All that was missing from the engine was the starter, alternator, and carb when I got it.

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
You could use your carb from the 3.8 but it would be up to you to tune it. For the most part you should only need a metering rod change. Not the perfect carb choice but would get you by. I would have no problem doing it with a conventional carb, however I'm not sure on metering rod availability for the electronic carbs. I never had a need to modify one...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor