aftermarket a/c

Discussion in 'How-To's / Knowledge Base' started by oldscutt85, Nov 7, 2010.

1. oldscutt85

oldscutt85 Apprentice

does anyone make an aftermarket heat and a/c kit for g bodys,when i did the v8 swap i had pulled out all the wiring from he computer harness and i never found the harness that connects to my a/c so idk what i should do :cry:

2. 79elky454ss

79elky454ss Greasemonkey

The wiring under the hood or in the dash? either way I would find a pull a part junkyard harness. Is your car in Japan with you? I could get you one on a trip to the junkyard if you need it there. Thanks for your service!

3. oldscutt85

oldscutt85 Apprentice

its the harness under the hood i couldnt find the connecter that goes to it,hell no i would never bring my car to japan especally how bad these people drive and it rains like every other hour lol. and your welcome

4. dan2286

dan2286 Royal Smart Person

Just try to find another harness if you have all the other parts. That harness isn't very hard to get out.

5. red79vette

red79vette n00b

Good question... I often wanted to add AC to my Camino..
    Any one add a vintage air kit or sometning like it?

6. oldscutt85

oldscutt85 Apprentice

i had checked out their website today but they only have universal kit for g bodies,i dont wanna spend the cash then find out that nothing fits.

7. trog

trog Greasemonkey

try classic auto air...i worked there for years, and they can put together a kit that will work, better quality stuff also

8. Mike P

Mike P Master Mechanic

I’m doing a Hot Rod Air unit in my El Camino project. Here’s a link to the mockup portion.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12658&start=90

As far as I know HRA is now out of business, I do know some of their vendors still have some units still on the shelf…..problem is there would be no factory support recourse in the event of a bad part.

9. FE3X CLONE

FE3X CLONE Comic Book Super Hero

Yeah no kidding! I bought one of their evaporators through Summit Racing years ago. Last year I sent them my stock HVAC controls to be modified to work with their system. Found out in Janurary when I still hadn't received them that they were out of business.

It took a lot of tracking down by I was at least able to get them sent over to the company that normally does the work on them. After 14 long months I at least got my controls back.

Now I just hope nothing goes wrong with the evaporator otherwise I'll be pulling it out and hoping a Vintage Air goes in its place.