Aftermarket Air Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Restomod sponsored the 2016 PT and I talked to them a lot about a dual EVAP system for a wagon or suburban and they said no problem. They completed a install on 68 Cutlass with the Bluetooth controls. I was impressed and will consider them on my next build.

Reactions: 1 user

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Also search on youtube. There are at least 3 guys that have done it there, although the process is not well documented. If you are willing to reach out to some of the "urban" aftermarket shops that work on old school cars, there are shops in Chicago and South Carolina that have done them 100 times, they might be of some assistance.

Reactions: 1 user

ronnyinwaxhaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2015
Waxhaw NC
There are a couple members running Vintage Air setups. The vacuum selector isn't the end of the world.
Your comment about the vacuum selector interests me. So is there enough parts out there now to put the stock controls back in working order? Is there schematics to show the routing of the hoses?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm sure an FSM would have the routing. There's only 2 vacuum lines to the engine compartment- 1 for main vacuum to the selector (purple) and 1 to the heater control valve (gray) on AC cars (heat only are cable actuated). The only thing the vacuum does is select the vents- heat to vent to defrost and recirc/fresh air for Max AC.

Reactions: 1 users

ronnyinwaxhaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2015
Waxhaw NC
Restomod sponsored the 2016 PT and I talked to them a lot about a dual EVAP system for a wagon or suburban and they said no problem. They completed a install on 68 Cutlass with the Bluetooth controls. I was impressed and will consider them on my next build.
Restomod recommended Vapor II for G-bodies. I emailed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor