Aftermarket EVAP tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright guys, been dealing with a bad fuel vapor smell lately since getting the Cutlass running...and it's getting in the house which is no bueno! It dawned on me that my fuel cell vent line just goes to atmosphere (never an issue in detached garage or outside).
What are y'all running for an evap setup? Stock? Aftermarket?? I assume line from cell/tank goes to charcoal can, then outlet to engine?

I want something discrete that I could maybe hide under the car by the cell to help with the vapor smell. Thanks in advance for the help, ideas, knowledge.

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Mine is a 5/16" rubber line run to the engine compartment, teed between the EVAP solenoid and airbox. I've never smelled fuel, but I don't have it in an attached garage, either.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Interested in this also.... And are you sure you don't have a leak coming from somewhere else because I find it hard to believe that little vent line is causing that much vapor as described... but it is possible

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Interested in this also.... And are you sure you don't have a leak coming from somewhere else because I find it hard to believe that little vent line is causing that much vapor as described... but it is possible
I'm 90% sure there is NO fuel leaks anywhere now, but I'll triple check to make sure. Basically I have a -6 line coming from the rollover vent and just hanging out under the car. As mentioned, it was non-issue until acquiring this attached garage, but I've gotta come up with a resolution.

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Is your rail pressure holding after you run it? Might have a drippy injector causing the smell. I had the same thing going on, it's how I found out I had a leak with my set of 210 injectors

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Is your rail pressure holding after you run it? Might have a drippy injector causing the smell. I had the same thing going on, it's how I found out I had a leak with my set of 210 injectors
Yeah, pressure is holding fine, it's just my luck that the wife isn't happy with the smell. I told her I just need to build a detached shop now lol!!!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have a detached garage but in the 19+ years my aluminum fuel cell has been in my car I have never smelled race fuel.
My vent is looped off the rollover valve and is mounted under the rear deck filler.

IMG_1319.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I have a detached garage but in the 19+ years my aluminum fuel cell has been in my car I have never smelled race fuel.
My vent is looped off the rollover valve and is mounted under the rear deck filler.

View attachment 122196
Well dang! Looks like I need to get under it and just make sure there isn't a leak. I looked last week and didn't see or feel anything. My vent is off the rollover valve as well. I'll update the thread when I find something.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor