Aftermarket gauges discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
Let’s talk gauges, electric or manual? Is that “auto gauge” by auto meter some sorta joke or is it ok? If using gm style electric sensors (ie the same ones for the idiot lights) if you try to use these in conjunction with aftermarket gauges does it mess up the readings because of lowering the resistance?

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I will be installing gauges from New Vintage USA in my grand prix. I gave them a spare dash to be able to make a gauge package for the Pontiac dashes so they gave me a tour of their shop. Really good guys, cool operation they have going and great customer service.
20180228_134031.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
Yes I’d say that’s def a good solution, pretty fancy.

This isn’t exactly what I’m asking though.

I’m assuming those are electric so are they utilizing the existing sensors supplying some proprietary ones and then how does that factor into the oem “idiot lights”

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Usually those gauges come with their own compatible senders so why not use those?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I use mechanical oil and water temp. The EFI system I have has a electric water temp on the handheld display but I rely on the mechanical.

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
So does anyone know if the “auto gauge” by auto meter is actually auto meter or some knock off?

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So does anyone know if the “auto gauge” by auto meter is actually auto meter or some knock off?

It’s made by AutoMeter, it’s just their lower end series.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Boglog

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2020
WA
Well that’s good, it can be a little daunting wading through the options with seemingly so much crap available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor