Aftermarket P/S pump brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL
Hi, guys. Can someone steer.. me in the right direction? Im looking for a good aftermarket P/S pump bracket I dont like that the factory one bolts on use a header bolt.

Pro's and con's, pictures or part numbers will help out huge. thanks.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
  • Agree

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL

Attachments

• DSCN2148.JPG
    DSCN2148.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCN2149.JPG
    DSCN2149.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN2150.JPG
    DSCN2150.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 199

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Does that one in your hand not work? Looks like a non-AC bracket, and unless you are going to headers, this should work just fine. Pay attention to how the belts align pulley-to-pulley. If the belt does not come straight out from the groove, try shimming the brackets with thin washers until everything is in a straight line. The easiest is the water pump pulley - various manufacturers make a shim kit that goes under the pulley. The alternator is the next easiest as you can add washers to the pivot with the long bolt through it. I had to slot the bolt hole that goes on the intake manifold in front of the water neck when I went with an aftermarket aluminum manifold. The power steering pump brackets have about four bolt locations so it takes more work.

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL
Does that one in your hand not work? Looks like a non-AC bracket, and unless you are going to headers, this should work just fine. Pay attention to how the belts align pulley-to-pulley. If the belt does not come straight out from the groove, try shimming the brackets with thin washers until everything is in a straight line. The easiest is the water pump pulley - various manufacturers make a shim kit that goes under the pulley. The alternator is the next easiest as you can add washers to the pivot with the long bolt through it. I had to slot the bolt hole that goes on the intake manifold in front of the water neck when I went with an aftermarket aluminum manifold. The power steering pump brackets have about four bolt locations so it takes more work.

The bracket works fine, well it did with the 267. Im a the point now where its close enough to winter that I wont get the car perfect for driving this year.so im going to take my time and get all the parts i really want, instead of racing the clock to get it done. plus the old lady is starting to hate my alone time with the malibu,So a couple week break might get HER OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT..Ahem..

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
plus the old lady is starting to hate my alone time with the malibu,So a couple week break might get HER OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT..Ahem..

Amen, brother. If Momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy.

• Agree

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Thanks for the link, heres my bracket.

Now that I compare your posted picture and the pictures in the Wagon Works website, I think the Malibu brackets will not work with this adapter bracket. The correct bracket from the 1970s Camaro wraps around the pump, while the G-body bracket is a front-only single plate. Looks like the bolt location is offset about a half-inch.

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL
Now that I compare your posted picture and the pictures in the Wagon Works website, I think the Malibu brackets will not work with this adapter bracket. The correct bracket from the 1970s Camaro wraps around the pump, while the G-body bracket is a front-only single plate. Looks like the bolt location is offset about a half-inch.

It says you should use the camaro brackets for best fit?
from the site:
OEM Brackets
Remember you will need to use the 2 OEM brackets that bolt to the pump itself.
We recommend:
Camaros and Classics 1-800-597-9002
OEM parts are #PS2605 and PS#2610

do you know if my water pump is set-up for the camaro parts?

Attachments

• DSCN2127.JPG
    DSCN2127.JPG
    295.7 KB · Views: 201

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Your water pump will work with the 2 p.s. pump brackets mentioned on the wagon works website. The General used so many different p.s. brackets it isn't funny. I was using a set of double hump heads without accessory bolt holes and I can't remember which bracket I used with the Camaro brackets. I do know I had to use that front exhaust bolt to mount it though.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor