aftermarket pedal ideas/setups????

Status
Not open for further replies.

copperhead

Apprentice
Aug 25, 2016
nixa, MO
Was hoping for some inspiration from you guys on here but nobody seems to have aftermarket pedal assemblies or anything really trick. my cutlass is getting an aluminum floor/firewall and I was looking for cool ideas, any would help but as of now wilwoods clutch/brake pedal setup http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Wilwood-and-Speedway-IMCA-Mod-Pedal-Kit,4918.html and this lokar throttle pedal to match(ish) are winning me over. If any of you know of a spoon style throttle pedal that would match better and not kill my bank account that would be awesome. SHOW YOUR PEDALS!!!!

CartmanTD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2012
Catonsville, Maryland
What's your main goal for the car? If it is drag then just the wilwood kit you have the link to is the way to go. It comes with the dirt track style throttle pedal that kinda wraps around your foot, so if the throttle sticks you can use your foot to pull it closed. That's something that not a lot of people keep in mind. I have the identical set up in my dirt car and it takes a while to get used to, but the benefits of not stuffing it in the wall out weigh the discomfort.
Just my $.02

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 1 user

copperhead

Apprentice
Aug 25, 2016
nixa, MO
The ca
What's your main goal for the car? If it is drag then just the wilwood kit you have the link to is the way to go. It comes with the dirt track style throttle pedal that kinda wraps around your foot, so if the throttle sticks you can use your foot to pull it closed. That's something that not a lot of people keep in mind. I have the identical set up in my dirt car and it takes a while to get used to, but the benefits of not stuffing it in the wall out weigh the discomfort.
Just my $.02

The car is being built for road racing(su class). Can't use that style pedal do to the fact that 2 out of 3 bands of the lateral ligament in my ankle aren't connected anymore. So it would be extremely painful to hold that position. Not to mention performing heel toe shifts would be near impossible

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
They're not actually for a G body, so there would definitely be some fab work to make them work.
If you know what your requirements for a mc are, I'm thinking nearly any aftermarket one would work with those.

copperhead

Apprentice
Aug 25, 2016
nixa, MO
They're not actually for a G body, so there would definitely be some fab work to make them work.
If you know what your requirements for a mc are, I'm thinking nearly any aftermarket one would work with those.
The floor, firewall and steering column are all custom so there is fab work no matter what. My car is under the 86 442 rebirth thread

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The floor, firewall and steering column are all custom so there is fab work no matter what. My car is under the 86 442 rebirth thread
Yes, I've been following your progress on your thread, you're making great headway! Keep it up.
:)
I too am no stranger to fab work, the look and vision I have for my car doesn't exist anywhere on the planet, so I tend to just create whatever I need...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor