Aftermarket steering wheels. Lets see them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
I bought this cheap grant steering wheel which is smaller in diameter than stock and I love it. The only problem is that the horn button is this cheap crappy push-on piece that pops off in certain scenarios, and then the horn goes off continuously. I imagine it doing this in the parking garage when I'm not around and going off for hours until the battery dies, or somebody breaks my window to make it stop. Therefore, I am looking for a new steering wheel! Does anyone have one they like that doesnt have a POS horn set-up?

thanks

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I have 2 grants and never had a problem with the horn button popping out.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I've had a Grant steering wheel in the past as well and didn't have a problem.

Is the spring on the under side still intact?

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Here's a pic of mine (if I'm doing this right lol). It's an old Superior. Got it from a buddy (who passed) a few years back. It has been in every vehicle I've has since.

normal_10535_1144073079588_1160317454_30375812_134223_n.jpg

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
The spring is fine. I dont understand the design, you push the horn button on and it just holds itself on that little fiberglass piece? It seems like you would be able to push it in and turn it like a medicine bottle to lock it into position.

phoenyx, how does the horn button assemble on that one? I saw that style but I figured it popped on like the others.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Chillin014 said:
The spring is fine. I dont understand the design, you push the horn button on and it just holds itself on that little fiberglass piece? It seems like you would be able to push it in and turn it like a medicine bottle to lock it into position.

phoenyx, how does the horn button assemble on that one? I saw that style but I figured it popped on like the others.

That's how all the Grant steering wheels I've had work. You have to push and turn to lock the little tangs on the horn button in place. It can be a bit tricky to get it to work.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I have a Grant Steering wheel. The factory one was split.

Attachments

• 100_7407.JPG
    100_7407.JPG
    468.5 KB · Views: 2,119

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Does anybody have a nice woodgrain wheel that matches the "woodgrain" inserts in the olds'? I was eventually gonna get the no wheel no steal, but haven't looked for a wheel that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor