Aftermarket Steering Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I'm looking at picking up an aftermarket steering wheel for my Regal. I want something that looks nice and different, but not out of place. Currently I have a black T Type wheel from an 86 Lesabre T Type but I'd kinda like something with wood grain and/or chrome. I have maroon interior. I'm looking at a Grant 3 Spoke Mahogany wheel currently. I'd like to maybe get that and put a Buick horn cap on it. Please, post pictures of your aftermarket steering wheel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 720

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Joe, I like that wheel. I didn't know there was a black le-sabre T-type wheel? One of these days I'll find a black or tan one for the wagon.

Nov 4, 2012
liquidh8 said:
Joe, I like that wheel. I didn't know there was a black le-sabre T-type wheel? One of these days I'll find a black or tan one for the wagon.

Thanks! Yeah I think it's sort of old-school looking and I don't think it would be too out of place. But yes, I yanked my wheel out of a Lesabre T-Type with black interior in a junkyard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 689

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I have been a fan of those wheels since I had my 87 lesabre T. There is a red on eBay right now, dude is off his nut with the price he asking,

Nov 4, 2012
If I switch wheels and decide to sell this one, you'll be the first person I come to.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
joesregalproject said:
If I switch wheels and decide to sell this one, you'll be the first person I come to.

Sweet, good luck at finding something hopefully people will post pics. My brother has the mahogany wheel, I have the Grant GT, a Monte SS, and some other off the wall wheel. Not really feeling them.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I like that wood rimmed wheel...very nice. It reminds me of a Nardi wheel. It would go well with a wood trimmed dash, etc.

Jim, I had a nice Buick GS sport wheel that was tan with the stainless spokes. That would have gone really nice with your interior.
I sold it a few years ago to a guy with a '68-'69 Buick Sportwagon. I had it for so many years, I probably shouldn't have sold it.

Nov 4, 2012
Longroof79 said:
I like that wood rimmed wheel...very nice. It reminds me of a Nardi wheel. It would go well with a wood trimmed dash, etc.

Jim, I had a nice Buick GS sport wheel that was tan with the stainless spokes. That would have gone really nice with your interior.
I sold it a few years ago to a guy with a '68-'69 Buick Sportwagon. I had it for so many years, I probably shouldn't have sold it.

I don't have a wood trim dash, which worries me that it will look out of place. Think it would look ok with the brushed grey dash trim that the Regals came with?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
joesregalproject said:
Longroof79 said:

I don't have a wood trim dash, which worries me that it will look out of place. Think it would look ok with the brushed grey dash trim that the Regals came with?

It probably would have looked awesome too.

My brother has a GP dash, the insert is all black. It is loaded with with Autometer sport comp gauges. I think it looks good with the mahogany wheel, silver spokes.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
In my opinion, if you have any of the factory woodgrain on the dash I wouldn't get a wood rimmed steering wheel. You'll never be able to buy one off the shelf that will have the same woodgrain look/color to match and it'll stick out like a sore thumb. This is a case where going with a wheel that matches your interior fabric color would work much better.

Now if you don't have any factory woodgrain then the wood steering wheel would be fine.

I had tried a wood wheel once and although I liked the look and feel of the wheel itself, it just clashed too bad with the rest of the interior.

So instead I went with a Grant banjo steering wheel in a more modern style. The lines of the steering wheel spokes follow the linear look of the dash fairly well. And to pull it together I had banjo style window crank handles.

However even this wheel could stand to be dyed a darker color. It was labeled as black leather but compared to the dash it looks more like a charcoal gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor