AGM Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It seems like I am being hounded to dump my red top and go with another battery. :giggle: ...... I know most of the AGM batteries out there are rebranded and I think they are all made by Johnson Controls. The Motormaster AGM is a rebranded Exide and I don't think they are part of Johnson. Fleming442 likes Advanced Autocraft AGM but that brand isn't in Canada but that battery may be under another brand. Does anyone have a list of what AGM batteries are being rebranded as....... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm rocking an Odyssey AGM and it's a beast. From what I researched Johnson Controls is making most of the house brand units. Odyssey is made by Enersys.

Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It seems like I am being hounded to dump my red top and go with another battery. I know most of the AGM batteries out there are rebranded and I think they are all made by Johnson Controls. The Motormaster AGM is a rebranded Exide and I don't think they are part of Johnson. Fleming442 likes Advanced Autocraft AGM but that brand isn't in Canada but that battery may be under another brand. Does anyone have a list of what AGM batteries are being rebranded as....... :)
For what it's worth, Johnson controls spun off their battery group to venture capital under the name clarios... they make optima among many of the Asian OEMs. As far as the rest, not sure, but they're supposed to have about half the market

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My Odyssey was great- until it wasn't. After about 7 years it just died with no warning. But AGM's are known for that.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
My Odyssey was great- until it wasn't. After about 7 years it just died with no warning. But AGM's are known for that.
I've heard that as well. They remind me of the Lithium Ion cordless batteries. Rocking and rolling along drilling or screwing then just dead!

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
I've been pretty happy with DEKA (Intimidator) AGM Group 78 Dual Terminal so far. It replaced a 5yr old Interstate black top maint free traditional 78DT that was OK, but couldn't maintain 11+ V anymore when cranking.

IMG_20190105_172529597_HDR_1.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I guess I'm too cheap to consider one.

What is the advantage supposed to be over a standard battery other than additional reserve amps without dropping voltage at the same rate of a standard battery?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess I'm too cheap to consider one.

What is the advantage supposed to be over a standard battery other than additional reserve amps without dropping voltage at the same rate of a standard battery?

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
deka intimidator in my cutlass too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor