AGM BATTERY RECS--SELECTED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
Haha, yeah I'm eating my words lol. I was just price shopping and found it. Surprisingly the same price too. One potential issue I see is getting an exchange in the event of a failure. I would have to wait for another battery to get delivered, where as with a store brand I can just swap it out.
During the week its next day for a replacement.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We went Super Start on the Camaro. Big upgrade over the Optima (disappointed). Dad went with Advance on the Galaxie since O'Reilly didn't seem to have a 24F AGM. We have an Advance AGM in mom's '13 Impala.

Reactions: 1 users

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
I went with the DEKA Intimidator Dual Terminal AGM, no complaints so far.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have the Red Tp Optima in my GP, I like it now but we all know the Red Tops can decide to go bad whenever they want to.....:censored:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I have the Red Tp Optima in my GP, I like it now but we all know the Red Tops can decide to go bad whenever they want to.....:censored:
Yep. I used to have a redtop in the Cutlass years back. I was NOT impressed with that battery at all! The odyssey is the closest to my budget, but the house brand batteries are still winning for several reasons. Ease of exchange is huge, I don't wanna have to wait a couple days for a replacement which is a possibility with other batteries.
Jared suggested the Advance brand due to them having good online discounts. After looking, both Advance and Autozone units look identical with the exception of the sticker.
Screenshot_20190711-083620_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190711-083429_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
InjectedCutty,
I was faced with the same decision just a couple months ago. I did the same research and compared the same brands. My conclusion was that one will not go wrong with any of the thin plate, pure lead AGMs. Since Miss Elsie is not a daily driver, your concern over speed of replacement was not a factor in my decision process. I ordered an Odyssey from Summit. As it has only been about 2 - to three months, I can't give you any long-term insights, but I can say it seems to stay strong longer than my previous battery when cranking during those first starts after the fuel has evaporated out of the carb.
IMG_0097-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
So after going back and forth all day what battery to get and where, I decided to swing into my "home" autozone. Whattya frickin know, my location keeps Odyssey batteries in stock!!! So after some honswagglin', I managed to get a "damaged" Odyssey out the door for the same price for the house brand, SCORE!!!! That manager just earned way more business.
20190711_152230.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
InjectedCutty,
I was faced with the same decision just a couple months ago. I did the same research and compared the same brands. My conclusion was that one will not go wrong with any of the pure lead AGMs. Since Miss Elsie is not a daily driver, your concern over speed of replacement was not a factor in my decision process. I ordered an Odyssey from Summit. As it has only been about 2 - to three months, I can't give you any long-term insights, but I can say it seems to stay strong longer than my old battery when cranking during those first starts after the fuel has evaporated out of the carb.
IMG_0097-vi.jpg
Partsbox, thanks for the insight....see my latest update as I was likely typing the same time you were lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor