Air brake hose for emission/vacuum lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Trying to do something to keep everything clean, somewhat trick, semi rigid (insert jokes here) with the needed emission & vacuum lines I picked up some heavy truck air brake lines at the local hardware store cause it was cheap. I grabbed 3/8" & the smallest size they had. Did cut a section to run from an rubber elbow on the PVC port to the PVC T/rubber union to see how it looks & fit. Figuring the abuse they go thru on a heavy truck being under a car hood should be OK. One piece I put some heat to it & help it on a tube bender to see if I can shape it which it did but nor to the full 90 deg I tried. Now I am wondering if I'm wasting time or come up with a workable idea. Input anyone?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
those lines are built for pressure, make sure they do not collapse with vaccumm. I have seen gas line hose collapse when used for a vacuum

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
They are rigid, used a cut off wheel on the dremmel to cut the section off, nothing melted from the friction.
They are made with a plastic (not sure what type) with a thin woven rubber like coating on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor