air cond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I got a new condensor for a Cutlass V-8,fit nice. When the cars road ready I'll get the a/c lines made up. Still finishing up all the little crap that needs done after installing a new engine, trans, and complete heating/cooling systems.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Great time to do what I did on my 82 El C. Convert to a serpentine belt. I used a 92 S Blazer with V-6 TBI and the fit was perfect. Remember to change water pump and fan as rotation is opposite

MadBrax

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2018
Wow, an instant wealth of information. I never even thought of an F-body or an S10, Seems the S10 setup would be the easiest and fastest, any thoughts on my edelbrock intake manifold presenting a problem? I forgot that some of these brackets use the corner bolts of the intake.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Wow, an instant wealth of information. I never even thought of an F-body or an S10, Seems the S10 setup would be the easiest and fastest, any thoughts on my edelbrock intake manifold presenting a problem? I forgot that some of these brackets use the corner bolts of the intake.

I used a 2nd gen S10 setup, and none of the brackets use any of the intake bolts to mount with. The only clearance issue I had was the water port on the driver's side of the intake will need to be plugged off, as it is too close to the A/C compressor. If you need access to that particular port, you can use the smaller, forward facing port that is low on the front of the intake.

Also whatever setup you get, make sure to grab all the bolts and studs off of the donor block, as those can be hard to find outside of a junkyard.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
F-Body set up works great. But I had to get a AC condenser that had the pipes on the passenger side and have a Camaro AC hose shortened.

I have the same set up but I am going to borrow the a/c lines from an Olds 307..

42825-500-0.jpg

MadBrax

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2018
More good info. Maybe I can get this done at the same time I have the engine out to reseal. Rear main is leaking pretty bad. This car was just sitting around for the two years the PO had it, I snatched it out of retirement last weekend and drove it 800 miles. Going to start that next weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor