Air Conditioning install

Status
Not open for further replies.

KILLSHOTB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2008
Saginaw, Michigan
I just installed my A/C system in my 84 Monte SS. I am going to take it to a garage to have them add compressor oil, evac the system, and fill it with 134a. I don't have any compressor oil added. Is this ok to start up and take to the garage which is a block away? Or should I remove the belt first? Instructions say to add 3 ounces of oil to the suction side, lay the compressor on its front face to lube the face seal, then 3 oz. to the accumulator side then turn compressor by hand 10 times. Do I need to remove the compressor and do this?
thanks for your help.

Attachments

• AC install.jpg
    AC install.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 721

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
You are ok as long as the clutch is not engaged. Un-plug the two wire plug behind the clutch to be safe and let them know it is not plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor