Air/Fuel Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Air/Fuel timing on an Ls swap. I have searched and read through different threads to see what other guys have done but I figured it might be a good idea for me and anybody else in search of some ideas to put it on one thread.
Basically what are you running Carb? if so what intake, what carb, msd? Is th mot r modified, How do you like it?
If Efi are you running an aftermarket, (Holley, Megasquirt, Fitech, factory set up) how do you like it? Did you make your own harness? Have it sent out to who? Did you tune it or dyno tuned it? Anything you think might be helpful to anyone looking to doing an Ls swap that hasnt done it before or might want to modify the set up they have.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Stock GM EFI, no need for anything fancy, 99% of the people on this page could use the stock GM stuff just fine, no one is going to need anything much more than that.

1999 LS1 Fbody Harness built into what I needed, 2002 0411 PCM from a LS1 TransAm.

I do all my own tuning using HP Tuners.

1_zpssdgtkdzk.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I have an ly6 which is a 58tooth reluctor. I have an ecu from a 2000 tahoe so to make that work I need a converter box. My question is If bought an ls3 ecu instead of the converter box will I be able to use a drive by cable throttle body with it? Or will I need a Drive by wire throttle body for it to work right? Has anybody come across this before?

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Good to know. I guess Ill have to leave the ecu thing alone for now. Ill have to see what I end up with.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Well looky what I got in the mail today. Now I have both an electronic throttle body and a cable one
IMG_1545.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Do you guys think for my Ly6, say it make 550 at the crank which it wont but for haha's say it did would a walbro 255lh be a good enough pump. basically stock 6.0 motor with a gm hot cam.
Any thoughts?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ewww... a gold blade throttle body. Burn it with fire! Seriously.

255lph is plenty for 550hp NA.

I am not sure what you mean by "air/fuel timing"?

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
This topic kind of went in a different direction than I originally intended.
My original intention were for guys to share what there using for engine control. Intake,carb,msd- Factory computer from what year and model retuned, by who or with what? harness who did it for you or did you do it yourself? Mega squirt, which one? Or something different. Are you happy with it?
Also what are you doing for fuel, intake pump? outside pump with a sumped tank, What size lines. etc etc
There are alot of build write ups with info like this but I thought it would be cool for guys looking for ideas to get info like this in one posting.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This topic kind of went in a different direction than I originally intended.
My original intention were for guys to share what there using for engine control. Intake,carb,msd- Factory computer from what year and model retuned, by who or with what? harness who did it for you or did you do it yourself? Mega squirt, which one? Or something different. Are you happy with it?
Also what are you doing for fuel, intake pump? outside pump with a sumped tank, What size lines. etc etc
There are alot of build write ups with info like this but I thought it would be cool for guys looking for ideas to get info like this in one posting.

Ah. Okay. Here goes... brace yourself!

Wagon nitrous'd LS1:
Stock GM 0411 GM PCM, HPtuners, custom 1 Bar Speed Density operating system, tuned by me with my own brain and fingers, and a reworked 2002 F-body harness by me again using my own brain and fingers.

In-tank 255lph Walbro, hotwired to alternator with a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump wired in for when the nitrous is activated, uses the stock F-body controls to manage the system. -8AN line from the tank to the rail, uses the Corvette-style filter/regulator setup with a -6 AN return. 40pph injectors.

Ported LS6 intake, ported stock 78mm throttle body.

MCSS turbo 4.8L (planned):
Stock GM 0411 GM PCM, HPtuners, custom 2 Bar SD OS - tuned by me again, reworked 1999 truck harness - me again.

In-tank Walbro 450lph fuel pumps, hotwired with hobbs switch for boost threshold, -10AN line w/external inline filter to an under hood rising rate fuel pressure regulator , -6AN return. 80pph injectors.

Ported TBSS intake, 90mm WARR performance throttle body.

Yes, I am happy with the choices I've made. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor