Air ride suspension on gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Not a bad price, gonna be some welding and cutting to use those style bags in the front, you could piece that together for a little less if you wanted to. Manual switches will require all input/output lines to run into cabin which can get crowded wherever they are mounted but are easier to outfit and will prevent bag to bag air transfer, you would get this if using electric just for front and rear valves instead of four valves, one each spring.

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
That system doesn't seem to have any provision for front shocks. sure.

The phrase "all show and no go" comes to mind.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I’ve done a full air ride setup on my car. I’d highly recommend doing lots of research first, and then selecting a kit that has most of the engineering and work already done for you. Yes, you can save some coin in going with a budget “one size fits all” kit, but it’s really not worth it IMO.

Have a look at my build thread for some ideas. It starts roughly here https://gbodyforum.com/threads/the-juggernaut-build-thread.55095/page-6,
but there’s many other details pertaining to the air setup throughout the thread. You’ll have to search throughout it.

Hope it helps.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yeah, but my idea isnt cheap. Go for the full RideTech kit. Better start saving your pennies! I really wanted the air ride but just couldn't swing it. So i bought the coilover kit from them. At some point if i want i can order the air parts since ill already have all the a arms...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but my idea isnt cheap. Go for the full RideTech kit. Better start saving your pennies! I really wanted the air ride but just couldn't swing it. So i bought the coilover kit from them. At some point if i want i can order the air parts since ill already have all the a arms...
I'm glad you mentioned that coilover kit! how's that working out for ya? Satisfied?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well, its bolted onto my new frame, the old frame is out from the csr, but i had a little piece of rust to fix, the rear floor pan crossmember just in front of the rear tires. Its also the mounting point for the body bushings. Then i hurt my hack and finally had surgery. All fixed now but lost my gusto for finishing the job LOL I'll get it done this winter. Wife wants to ride in the car again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor