AIR system delete with the CCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Had a shop in west springfield pass an 87 cutlass, without a horn, rotted bumper covered with bumper stickers, frame bent in 3 places(bumper didn't even sit right), and 3 different sized wheels/tires on it. 2 15x7 matched, 1 14x7 and a 14x6, different size sidewalls. Check engine light on due to map and egr. Would've been in.... 2001 or so.
Back in mid 80’s Mass. would pass a sticker in most shops if it passed the sniff test. Lady moved north had just passed a sticker and the front tires tried to go in separate directions and brakes where a extra option. Or like NY body panels half gone was a “looks good “. But ye old lick’em stick’ems still happening up here too.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Anyone who wants that pump, you've got about 10 hours to PM me and pay for it and shipping. That's when my shift is over and I'm not going to be back here before they come get the dumpster.
Exactly how to handle it. If you don't want it, offer it up for a bit of time, and if no takers, do what you must with it. The point of it is, knowing that if YOU ever needed a part and someone said, oh, I just tossed out 12 of those things because I didn't think anyone would want them would kinda suck. Doesn't mean you have to keep them, but offering up something before tossing it just may surprise you that someone would need that part you are tossing. And you can feel good that you helped someone keep their dream alive. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "oh, I was just getting ready to toss that out." One man's trash is another man's treasure.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

87 Monte Carlo SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 30, 2022
You'll know if it's too much. GP403 will come kick you in the 'nads (figuratively) if you cross the line. Common sense should rule the day.

Did you fish it out and then he didn't want it? Or just offer? If you actually dug it out because he asked you to, then he backed out, then learn accordingly who are the cheeseballs and who's serious. If you exerted no effort on your part, just let it go. Tire kickers are everywhere and getting bent about it just raises your blood pressure needlessly.

2drx4 said he would get it out of the trash and send it to me. I said no because he lives way out west and I found one locally to me.​

Sorry if this is wrong on here , but I have one now .so thanks anyways guy's

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

2drx4 said he would get it out of the trash and send it to me. I said no because he lives way out west and I found one locally to me.​

Sorry if this is wrong on here , but I have one now .so thanks anyways guy's
It's all good. I thought he was mad at you just for asking, and it was more rhetorical than anything to be thrown at you. Glad you found what you needed local.

Reactions: 1 user

87 Monte Carlo SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 30, 2022
It's all good. I thought he was mad at you just for asking, and it was more rhetorical than anything to be thrown at you. Glad you found what you needed local.
Thanks for being understanding I am new to this site and just trying to feel it out. How do you find the for sale section

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Honestly, I just make one shelf in the garage for "worthless junk"... people local who are trading parts at my house (me buying or me selling) I offer up anything of need on it.

I run out of room, I run out some posts for 2 weeks or so, then if I need room I toss some of it. Nothing unavailable aftermarket or good for core, things like a bumper with peeling chrome, a bent hood good for sheetmetal patching, junk like that gets tossed.

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
What am I supposed to do with them? Start a museum?
go over to elcaminocentral.com and offer them. that board has a lot more traffic than this one and those are all G-bodies. there's more a few here that have accounts on both sites. hell, I sold the cruise control to an '81 (1 yr only) that was clogged with junk from being in a flood. and he was happy to have it!
that board has a lot of members from all over the country, whereas this site seems to have more Canada, New England, and the South. and they get more than a few new members in Cali who say "I just bought a 5th gen elkie and it's missing this stuff. how can I pass inspection?" ....... they need all the parts you've got

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor