Alan Grove accy brackets for LT1 swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
Has anyone used the Alan Grove accessory brackets for their LT1 swaps into their G-bodies? It appears to me these brackets would be simpler to install (no steel reinforcing rods) and might make more room to work on the engine systems and might not require any frame clearancing for the a/c compressor. Granted they're ugly as hell but I also wonder whether the alternator and compressor mounts could be modified by shortening them? The drawings and pictures on line don't seem to justify the height of either bracket. Alas I've not found any informative pix of these brackets in place to answer my questions. I'm in the early stages of installing my '96 Fleetwood dropout including 4L60E with 33,000 miles in my '86 Elco with 135K on the odo.

Any experience/advice much appreciated.

Cheers - Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor