Aligning front bumper so signal lights are centred .

Fitzy69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2023
Hi , I have a 1983 Monte Carlo SS. It’s decent driver quality . Former owners did the work. The front signal lights are not centred up and down wise to the bumper openings . I see a larger gap at the top of my fender to door than the bottom . What do I loosen and adjust to bring the nose of the front clip up a bit?
IMG_3379.jpeg

Fitzy69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2023
Today I shimmed the front rad support bushings , it helped a lot . It’s not perfect but way better than it was .
IMG_4038.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4039.jpeg
    IMG_4039.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4040.jpeg
    IMG_4040.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
It looks like the nose is caught up on the light assembly. Try pulling it forward slightly to get it off whatever is holding it up on the light. I ran into that issue when I replaced my signal lights a while back. If memory serves, there’s two tabs up top that have screws and one on the bottom. The cover is probably caught up on those.

Reactions: 1 user

Fitzy69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2023
Not sure what you are saying . Do you mean pulling it forward at the headlights or signal lights ?

Fitzy69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2023
Sorry the pic I posted was after I had shimmed the rad cradle , before that you could only see half the signal light

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
I’m talking specifically about the signal lights here.

Those appear caught up too. The opening should sit around the light and not bow up in front of it like it is.

Here’s an example of how it should look when sitting around the light correctly.

D65673DD-A7A1-425D-A639-B0C7993393D8.jpeg

As for the tabs on the signal lights that I mentioned earlier, here are there locations on the assembly when they’re removed. This is likely part of if not the only thing the front cover is being caught up on.
1840B6BB-3C7B-436A-A645-A71B0FC3E6A0.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

jcelk

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2014
the gap on the bottom between fender and door is a little close loosen the bottom fender bolt if it won;t move jack up on front frame rail by the bumper it will move then

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor