All outta options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016
Hi guys, i have a 79' Training Day T-Top monte.. I recently broke one of my tops.. (bad latch). Anyway, i found another 79 monte with T tops. They are totally diffent.. I was dumbfounded. Mine have a swing arm on each side that holds the top in place, all the others that i have found have a pointed post that slides in holes on the frame.. Anyone kno anything about this?? Help!

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Sounds like you've got the Cars & Concepts aftermarket/dealer installed T-tops. I feel your pain. There are replacements out there, but they are no where near as plentiful. IIRC there was somebody here who had a set for sale recently. Don't recall if they sold or not, but check that section, and don't give up. They're out there.

Jul 26, 2016
Sounds like you've got the Cars & Concepts aftermarket/dealer installed T-tops. I feel your pain. There are replacements out there, but they are no where near as plentiful. IIRC there was somebody here who had a set for sale recently. Don't recall if they sold or not, but check that section, and don't give up. They're out there.
Ugh! Just my luck.. ok thankyou.. Really dont even know how to find them. All the ones i pull up are either the pole type or u really cant tell what they are.. I also noticed that on the ones I've seen the t top starts about 1.5 inches away from the front windshield, but on my car, i have about a good 5 to 6 inches from the end of the windshield.. So i doubt the glasses are even intetchangeable.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would also search Craigslist, I have seen different C & C sets come up for sale quite a few times, they seem to be mostly from 78'- 80' Montes.
And obviously look beyond just your local area, even if you have to get them shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor