alternative a/c compressor mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm running a aftermarket compressor alongside the march set up,it would be much cleaner to clock it so the hoses aren't straight up @12:00 but @ the most 3:00.I'm making my own hoses and trying to keep the compartment as clean as possible. my question is I've never seen it done and i'm sure there's a reason why the hoses have to be straight up and down out the top of the compressor.the charge is a liquid then a gas etc etc i don't know what the outcome would be.anyone know why it's not done this way?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm running a aftermarket compressor alongside the march set up,it would be much cleaner to clock it so the hoses aren't straight up @12:00 but @ the most 3:00.I'm making my own hoses and trying to keep the compartment as clean as possible. my question is I've never seen it done and i'm sure there's a reason why the hoses have to be straight up and down out the top of the compressor.the charge is a liquid then a gas etc etc i don't know what the outcome would be.anyone know why it's not done this way?
Take a look at this thread...
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...stion-re-clocking-a-sanden-compressor.505164/
Looks like it can be done to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
thanks Texas,i appreciate the help.I'm gonna have to let that roll around in my head for a while.hmmm..

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
thanks Texas,i appreciate the help.I'm gonna have to let that roll around in my head for a while.hmmm..
You're welcome. I hope it was helpful towards the end goal.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
oh it is,an article linked stated about keeping it located @12:00-3:00 or 9:00.ideally 3:00 works for me.keeping the drain plug above 3:00 is important.i can't confirm if i have a sump or not on my sanden.the conversion to the rear center discharge might be an option also.I've gotta see how much room i have under he pump too.the hose kit should be here in a week or so.i think I'll end up screwing two fittings on the pump and start staring and screwing around with it see what i come up with.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass

for some reason i can't post a picture of the back of the pump but there's not a lot of room back there for a rear discharge conversion.

Last edited:

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Ok,just to be sure which Are you referring to the
belt/pulley/brackets/compressor etc?i can dig that up but it'll have to wait till tommrow nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor