Alternator Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
They mostly beat me to it. Aftermarket mfgrs usually offer their units in varying configurations according to the vehicle or application in question.. If sourcing from a salvage or pick a part you are subject to "Caveat Emptor" in terms of what you get being correct for what you need and what will fit as well as whether it still works or is a dud.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
So is a CS130 versus CS144 just a difference in amperage or is it also a difference in case size and whether or not it's internally or externally regulated?

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
So is a CS130 versus CS144 just a difference in amperage or is it also a difference in case size and whether or not it's internally or externally regulated?
All the main difference is size, because CS were internally regulated, period.

Having said that, you will get more amps over the regular CS130 and also less heat because it has more metal, and venting I think as well lol!

🤷‍♀️😂😂😂

Last edited:

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
All the main difference is size, because all CS regulators are internally regulated, period.

Having said that, you will get more amps over the regular CS130 and also less heat because it has more metal, and venting I think as well lol!

🤷‍♀️😂😂😂
Sweet, I'd rather ask the stupid questions than act like I know. Oldsmobiles, yes. Building engines, yes. Electrical, if it's just wiring and replacing wires yes and anything else is all learning moments.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor