Aluminum floor jack suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I'm looking to purchase a aluminum floor jack and a 2 ton through 3 ton any good name brands to buy that will not break the bank or all of them made the same place overseas I'm looking for a good quality one for cheap price or should I just go to my local Harbor Freight and pick up a Pittsburgh brand name

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Good quality and cheap price don't go together. Why aluminum? I'd suggest the YELLOW Daytona Jack at Harbor Freight. Very nice jack.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive had an aluminum Arcan 3 ton for a really long time and its been pretty good. I bought it at a Costco. I also have a Hein Warner steel one that I bought new in the mid 70s. Its heavy but still works like it did when it was new after all these years.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I have the Pittsburgh brand from Harbor Freight. Use it 90% of the time I want a jack over my trusty steel Craftsman that is more heavy duty. The lightweight aluminum is nice, my first one lasted over 10 years before one pump giving out, haven't scrapped it yet as I'm wondering if repairable, but bought another one to replace it. The rapid pumping is a big reason why I use it over the Craftsman I have as well.

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
G-Body of the Month
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
I have two of the blue/silver Harbor Freight Pittsburgh aluminum jacks. I have a 4 post ramp lift in my garage and they are easy to lift on and off the lift to change wheels/tires.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
As far as quality goes I have the small harbour freight Pittsburgh aluminum jack I take with me and it's been very dependable

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor