Aluminum Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
both of my calais have aluminum, plus 5 spares.

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
My 79 Cutlass Supreme (305-4brl/TH200, A/C, 2.29 rear gear) has aluminum hood and bumper supports, steel trunklid.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Everyone of my 78 ttoped v8/console/bucket cars (I have them all)cutlass,calais,gp,regal,and mc have ALL aluminum equipped hoods,trunks,rad supports,bumper supports,and rear drums.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Other than racing or rust, I fail to see any special advantage of having aluminum. I’ve never had a hood rust and am not going to race, so useless to me ain’t nuttin special

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Other than racing or rust, I fail to see any special advantage of having aluminum. I’ve never had a hood rust and am not going to race, so useless to me ain’t nuttin special
It is kinda special. A lot more rare, and a reason this thread has been active for almost 6 months. You just listed (2) advantages right there ^^ I use that advantage in my favor. It's called " power to weight ratio " I can build a milder engine, that costs less money, is technically more reliable, gets better mileage, and can run as quick as the guy with an all steel body that has 50+ more horsepower. I took it to the next level... aluminum hood, core support, frt & rr bumper supports, rear brake drums, driveshaft, radiator, intake manifold, and spare rim. And even further... a smaller group size battery, manual brake system, removed the cruise control. My car, my opinion...

Reactions: 1 users

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
My old 78 supreme (originally 305/th200/a/c 2.29 gear) had an aluminum hood which some moron (me) cut a h o l e in.

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor